7.28.2008

Days pretty similar (sampling nectar, doing lab work, collaborative meetings) until an African wild dog was found dead on the 29th

Highlights of the past week include seeing ants collect all the dead termites after an aardvark digs up a big mound, playing more tennis, sundowners and a farewell party, a birthday phone call with dad, and seeing a zebra carcass, killed by a lion.

Oh, and receiving a necklace from Barnard. Very sweet – he walked quickly to the car, got in and pulled the necklace out of his pocket, and handed it over, not a word spoken. I said “Very nice!” unsure if it was a gift or not, and he kept on holding it out to me. So I asked “For me?” and he said yes! I’ll have to post a picture of it…

1 comment:

mikey said...

zebra:amazing
necklace:charming. How'd he do conforming to your particular taste?
T'giving: here on the Saturday.