7.15.2008

Feeling a big stronger, but have a weird, bitter taste in my mouth from the pills. Catch up on backlogged email, organize field gear. Come across a cool looking post-doc based at Oregon State University. Timing’s all wrong, but might throw my hat in the ring for giggles. Spot a D’arnaud’s Barbet munching outside of office. Chat with Research Director about hiring my own askari so I can set my own schedule and have some help in the field. Head to the Jenga House (beautiful full house on the station) for some dinner. Have crazy (drug-induced?) dream of fighting death after being hit by lightening, and an apocalyptical storm destroying the world as I know it, carrying my mom as we try to figure out if we can cross a swampy courtyard to seemingly safe structure, seeing nothing but dead giraffes and big ants and termites across the red-tinted destruction.

Whew!

No comments: