7.22.2008

Out in field for more bagging, go with grad student to show the technique, might strike up a bit of a collaboration here. Back at station make some more bags and then enjoy some scotch and cribbage with a friend. I dig out my ipod and external speakers and we sing (er, screech) along to Boston, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard. Shortly after wondering if we might be disturbing our banda neighbors, we hear some footsteps and are joined by a friend. Who promptly helps us belt out “Don’t Stop Believin’.” Awesome.

Check email after dinner and get an offer to teach the second half of an intro bio course at UVM. Sweet – could be great to get some teaching experience while getting to live in VT and make some money, essentially funding more research.

Listen to a few tracks of “Wild animals of Africa” (the wild dogs and leopard) that I copied from a friend. Funny, cuz I woke up the middle of the night thinking “I’ve heard this sound before?!” Almost certain that a leopard was hanging around the station!

2 comments:

mikey said...

May I cast a vote in favour of your living and working in BUrlington

Unknown said...

Second that.