7.07.2008

Restless night sleep, wake up to drunken “Good morning Durban!” being relayed in the hallway at 6a. Eventually get up, take a picture out my 10th floor window, and enjoy a big b-fast spread at the hotel. Just missed the shuttle to the conference center, so walk the half mile with a medical entomology from TX who focuses his work on killed disease vectors for folks in the military. I’m reminded that half the folks at an entomology meeting want to understand the ecology of insects, while the other half are want to understand how to best kill them. Safely arrive, register, and receive the tome of scheduled talks, feel a bit overwhelmed. In line for lunch I realize I don’t have any South African currency and hope they take plastic. Hit a few talks, run into a few folks I know. Email with Andre and arrange for a meeting on the beach front tomorrow morn. Order up some room service, plan out talks to see, and go to bed early.

No comments: