7.10.2008

Up early, can’t charge my computer (no compatible outlet) so been writing out notes on talk. Head to conference, finally crack open the computer, and make changes to the ppt, and upload the talk. Catch a few talks, practice talk one more time, and finally, four days in and at 17:00 I give it. The podium is completely lateral to the screen, and I’m a big wigged out as I approach and move away from the mic to highlight things on the screen. Overall happy with how it goes and get some good feedback. Head out with ant crowd at night and we enjoy some “table taps” (=tall tube o beer with tap which sits on table) and a communal dinner of assorted appetizers, the most tender chunk of pork on the bone I’ve ever had, and some take-out chicken from “Mondos” – technically fast food, but it’s the juiciest, tastiest, perfectly spicy chicken I’ve had in a long time. While walking from Mondo’s back to the hotel we consider hitting up the oddly named “Action Bar,” but even with a whole crew assembled, we decide it’s probably not in our best interest.

No comments: