2.05.2008

Feeling good today. Remember that I currently don’t have a plane ticket to leave here, but thinking of leaving in about a month. Check out one-way tickets to the US, and they’re over $5000. Ouf, maybe I don’t so great after all – have I waited too long to buy my return ticket? Am I stuck out here longer than planned? Check out the round-trip tickets, (leave in March, return in May) and end up finding a really good deal. Whew. Work on my budget and outline a schedule for the rest of my time here, with a little excitement about seeing friends, family, and four-legged back home.

Watch out for buffalo, they say. Keep an eye out for elephants, they warn. But, but, what about the super surprise sneak attack of the Cryptus rockii? The one that just up and attacks you when you least expect it? The one that sends you flying, completely horizontal, when a passerby is watching? The one that turns a simple warm-up run into an extreme adventure outing?

Evidence of its damage. Face omitted to protect the idiotic.

1 comment:

mikey said...

ouch! I'd suggest claiming a scrape with some deadly beast, so long as your mother's not around.