2.18.2008

Up early to get some skype lovin. And grab a shot of the sunrise with Mt. Kenya in the distance. Restless night of sleep, just couldn’t get comfy and brain wouldn’t disengage. Decide to stay in the lab and do more ant sorting from the pitfall traps. Discovered more podcasts (thank you NPR’s ‘All Songs Considered’) and found that now it feels like I spend my day listening to the radio instead of staring at dead insects. And I seem to get more work done. I like it. At lunch the director asked me if I was listening to “Wait Wait… Don’t tell me” as they could hear some voices from the lab. I confessed. Figured out some species IDs after lunch which I find a small but momentous occasion. Almost finished my novel (“Three Junes”) during the sunset. Per usual I don’t want to say goodbye to the characters…

1 comment:

mikey said...

in re not wanting to say goodbye to characters: am now 250 pages from end of War and Peace, which I began appr All Hallow's. Some of them are insufferable, but still feeling integral to my way of seeing the world these past months.