2.13.2008

Successful skype session with parents. Clicked a couple video snapshots of the family. A handful of field assistants came through the lab this morning, and I enthusiastically showed off Ike’s handsome profile. My mom took the opportunity to send her greetings to them. They wondered what time it was were I was from and said I must miss my dog a lot.

A researcher heads out today. He’s scheduled to leave at 11a from Nanyuki, but got advised to call to confirm flight times. Turns out they’re scheduled to leave an hour early (!). So he rushes off, likely just so he can wait longer when the flight will inevitably be delayed. With the conflict a lot of folks are flying instead of driving, so the domestic flights are full and on highly variable ‘schedules.’ When booking my flights out of here, I was annoyed to have a 12hr layover in Nairobi, but now I’m taking some comfort in the big travel window.

Spend day entering data and drive up with some friends to a big glade to catch the sun set and play with the dog a bit.

Oddly enough the cafe at the airstrip is known for their chocolate cake, and the researcher sends back practically an entire sheet of cake. At dinner we eat it until we cnn't see straight. It's the richest moistest thing I've had in months, and my body doesn't know what to do with it.

No comments: