2.11.2008

Start off morning skyping, and thus, feeling good. Have a good time doing more baiting, already seeing some cool preliminary patterns. Weather is great, and the work comes easy today. Catch a praying mantis hanging out on an acacia branch.

Do a little office work after lunch and spend some time reading. Manage to go for a running without tripping over any vindictive rocks. Enjoy the new route along the ring road, though the slight hills have my lungs working overtime. And unfortunately I’m running shortly after they’ve lit the fires. Each water tank that feeds a shower is heated by wood, and every late afternoon they come around and start the fires. I try to remember as I’m breathing in the smoky air that it means I get to enjoy a hot shower later. I’m exhausted after dinner and put myself to bed early (I can’t remember the last time I was in bed before 10:00p without being sick). Apparently I slept hard, as I missed the lion and leopard vocalizations reported by neighbor the next morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at this point you must be a master baiter... sorry I couldn't resist.