6.02.2008

Meet Alison for breakfast – so glad we both made it! Head to the National Museums of Kenya to visit a few collaborators and talk project details. Also need to figure out how to get our luggage up to Nanyuki, as it’s too heavy for the small plane and it’s too late to cancel flight and drive. End up paying collaborator’s relative to go up with luggage with a driver. Back at hotel think about nap but end up behind computer emailing back and forth with STRI contact about another project idea. Enjoy a nice dinner at the fancy neighboring hotel with Alison.

Read great NYT op-ed “Put a Little Science in Your Life”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/opinion/01greene.html?em&ex=1212552000&en=b8d2f5a9a25f1d82&ei=5087%0A

Read a bit before bed, able to go to sleep, but wake up at 4:45 and cannot get back to sleep, my brain is fully awake. For some unknown reason the chorus to “Evita” is on a permanent loop: ‘Don't cry for me Argentina, the truth is I never left you, all through my wild days, my mad existence, I kept my promise, don't keep your distance.’

No comments: