6.26.2008

Up early to skype, head out to field. A class from Cornell arrived a few days ago, and as driving back to station see them posing for a group picture around the (now very decayed) giraffe carcass. Also spot some female Kudus hanging out by the dry mud hole, probably searching for some water.

As eating lunch see fellowship coordinator arrive. Return my dishes, feel a shot of adrenaline, and belly up to his table. Able to chat with another researcher while Alison chats with coordinator and his wife. Alison leaves and his wife slides down and starts to ask me about my project. We have an intelligent yet conversational discussion about what I’m working on, who I’m working with, and what I plan to do in the future. Able to chat about what I’ve been doing in an easy yet informative conversation with coordinator listening and asking a few questions. Generally just have a pleasant interaction with them both. Alright!

Now all I need to do is submit the official progress report…

Spend the afternoon doing some data entry and a literature search. Grab a shot of Dan, a post-doc studying bird vocalizations. At one point a hornbill lands on the ledge right outside the window while her mate looks on. Go for a run. Some folks are thinking about going to the Aberdares (=national park ~ 3 hrs away) for the weekend…

No comments: