6.22.2008

Sleep in, enjoy some French toast and fresh mangoes for breakfast. Feeling the lazy Sunday and don’t feel like doing work. Start to read the NYT but the first two articles I read are about torture and election violence and it’s just not how I want to start my day. Head gets all wrapped around the big questions, what I want to do, etc. Amplified by the fact that the Trustees are starting to arrive for the big meeting, and the guy who runs my fellowship is here, and I still haven’t heard if my funding is getting extended. Getting wigged out that I have to meet this one guy who’s holding my fate card and not showing it to me, not knowing what to expect and potentially it meaning so much. Write a bit in journal, in lounge-y chair under tree by banda. Get out some thoughts and actually catch two people walking by and chat for awhile which lightens my thoughts. Suddenly it’s time to eat again, lunch. Later as sitting in office see a couple walk by and soon discover that “he’s here.” Chat with Alison about situation and get some good thoughts on how to approach him. Crank out some more mesh bags and go for a good run. Researcher returns from a drive where he saw a fresh jackal kill on a baby impala. Can see the wet hair on the impala’s neck where they strangled it, and it’s so fresh it’s still bleeding.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

June 9th here; your blog takes a while to get to us for some reason. I'm sure it'll all work out, but, good luck with "the" meeting!